5 E model lesson plans

Has anyone developed lesson plans for Pocket Lab using this model?  I just learned today that we will be using Pocket Labs.  I am Science 6.  It seems as though this is a new endeavor.  Perhaps there should be a tab for NGSS, and ppl can upload their lessons according to standard.

I have not yet begun to work on some of the lessons I will use for my standards.  When I do, I will post them.

Original Post
drmack posted:

Has anyone developed lesson plans for Pocket Lab using this model?  I just learned today that we will be using Pocket Labs.  I am Science 6.  It seems as though this is a new endeavor.  Perhaps there should be a tab for NGSS, and ppl can upload their lessons according to standard.

I have not yet begun to work on some of the lessons I will use for my standards.  When I do, I will post them.

Hi drmack, 

Thanks for posting your question and for your willingness to share your lesson plans! For a limited time we are sending free t-shirts to anyone who shares a lesson plan, so if you do share, I'll follow up and get your shirt size and shipping address. 

About the 5E lesson plan, that's a really good idea. I used to teach both middle and high school science and I used the 5E lesson plan, especially in middle grades. At PocketLab, we are working on some new curriculum that will really focus on NGSS Middle School standards, especially Physical Science. I hadn't thought about using 5E as the format, but I could definitely adapt some of the lessons to it. Do you think that's something other middle school teachers would find helpful? 

Also, I like your idea on creating some type of alignment guide for our user lesson plans. It would be a little difficult on this community site to create a tab for each NGSS standard, but I can create a post that catalogs the user lessons posted and if they align to specific NGSS standards. Whenever a user posts their own lesson plan, I read though it, so I can then update the post if there is some alignment.

All of the lesson plans developed by our users is posted under the tab, "User Lesson Plans" and all of the curriculum we develop at PocketLab is listed under the "Educators" page. If you click on "User Lesson Plans" there is a post at the top that explains how to post your own lesson plan. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks! 

Robby

Robert Douthitt
Myriad Sensors Inc.
Director of Curriculum and Community Engagement
robby@thepocketlab.com

Add Reply