Learn how to get your PocketLab connected to PocketLab apps on a computer, tablet, or phone.
A PocketLab sensor will connect via Bluetooth to most computers (Windows 10, Mac, Chromebook), tablets, and phones (iOS and Android).
PocketLab Notebook (recommended)
- Open a Google Chrome browser
- Navigate to thepocketlab.com/notebook
- Click "Start Collecting Data"
- Click "Connect a PocketLab" - a connection window should appear.
- Turn your PocketLab on. The name of your PocketLab should appear in the connection window.
- Click on the name of your PocketLab and then click "Pair"
- It should connect automatically and you should now see data streaming directly to the graph.
PocketLab iOS App
Use on iPhones and iPads to connect your PocketLab sensor.
- Open the Apple App store and search for "PocketLab"
- Download the PocketLab app
- Open the PocketLab app
- Click "Connect a PocketLab" - a connection window should appear
- Turn on your PocketLab - the name of your PocketLab should appear in the connection window
- Click on the name of your PocketLab to connect
- Your PocketLab should connect automatically and you should now see data streaming directly to the graph
Note: To connect a PocketLab sensor on iPhones and iPads you will need to use the PocketLab iOS app. You can access PocketLab Notebook on a Chrome browser on an iPhone or iPad, but you will not be able to connect your sensor in the Chrome browser.
We recommend that you still create a Notebook account. You can save .csv files of your data from the PocketLab iOS app and upload them into Notebook to keep them saved.
You can also use Notebook to create lab reports and browse PocketLab experiments. If you are a teacher, upgrading to Notebook Pro allows you to create classes and student accounts to enhance your use of PocketLab in the classroom. Learn more here.
An update to add features of Notebook to the PocketLab iOS app is in development.