A Lab Report is an interactive lesson in Notebook where students can answer questions, record data, create graphs, watch videos, and more.
From there you have some options:
- Create a blank lab report
- Create a lab report from a template
- Import and edit an existing lab report.
We also have a tutorial Lab Report in Notebook that you can import and follow along with:
Create a new blank lab report
- In the Notebook web app, click Create a Lab Report
- Give your lab report a title
- Use the floating toolbar to add your lesson content
There are different types of Lab Report Cards that you can add with the floating toolbar.
- Collect Data - Connect to your PocketLab sensor
- Text - Add observations, lab procedures, conclusions, etc.
- Question - Create questions for students to answer
- Image - Upload photos to your Lab Report
- Youtube - Embed a Youtube video
- Data Analysis - Build bar charts and scatter plots
- Data Table - Create a simple data table
- Google Drive - Link to files in your Google Drive
Create a new Lab Report from a template
- In the Notebook web app, click Lab Report Library on the sidebar to the left
- Click the dropdown arrow next to New Lab Report in the top right, and select Start with a template.
- Fill out the cards in the template with your lesson content, and add or edit cards as needed.
This is the template we use for many of our labs. When you create a Lab Report from this template, the cards will include descriptions and prompts to help you create your report.
- Investigation Question
- Background Information
- Materials and Safety Precautions
- Collect Data
- Data Analysis
- Further Discussion
Some activities or investigations might not exactly fit this layout, so you can add, edit, or reorder cards as needed.
Import an existing Lab Report from our Resources
- In the Notebook web app, click Resources on the sidebar to the left.
- Here, you'll find an ever-growing list of lessons, investigations, and activities using PocketLab sensors. You can browse through them and find labs that would work well in your class.
- Click a Lab
- In the top right of the Lab Report, click the dropdown for View Only and select Import to My Lab Reports. Now a copy of this Lab Report will be saved to your Library.
- Click the imported Lab in your Lab Report Library. You can now add or edit the content of this lab. If using Notebook Pro, you can assign this lab to your students.