With a PocketLab Notebook account you can create student accounts, set up a classroom, and assign Lessons to students.
This article will show you how to set up your classes directly in Notebook. If you would like to import your classes from Google Classroom, see this article:
If you'd like to import classes from Classlink, see this article:
Create a Class in PocketLab Notebook
Assign a Lesson to Students in PocketLab Notebook
Setting Up Classes
- In the PocketLab Notebook app, click "Classes" in the sidebar
Click Add Class
- Fill in your class information in the form that pops up and click Create. If you'd like students to have individual student codes for login, check the box for Require unique student codes.
- Click Add Students to create student accounts
Add students names to the roster, each on a separate line. Make note of any capitalization and abbreviations you use as these will also be the student's usernames for signing in
- Navigate to the Lesson you'd like to assign
- Click Assign to Class in the top right corner of the Lesson
- Choose to assign to students in Lab Groups or as Individual Work. If you select Lab Groups, click Add Lab Group and choose which students are in each group.
- Click Send Assignment. Your lesson is now assigned and students will see the lesson when they log in.