PocketLab Notebook is a digital lab notebook for doing science investigations.
What do I need?
PocketLab Notebook is a web based application. This means you don't need to download any additional software to use it.
The application can be accessed through an internet browser.
Note: Currently only Google Chrome supports Bluetooth connection to a PocketLab sensor, so we recommend using Google Chrome.
To collect PocketLab sensor data directly into PocketLab Notebook, you will need:
Start using PocketLab Notebook
To start using PocketLab Notebook follow these steps:
- Open a Google Chrome internet browser
- Navigate to thepocketlab.com/app
- You can also navigate to the PocketLab main web page (thepocketlab.com) and click Notebook at the top of the page
- From here you can connect to a PocketLab sensor and access a few other features without logging in.
Note: For full access to PocketLab Notebook, including the ability to save data recordings you need to login or create an account.
Create a PocketLab Notebook Account
To login to PocketLab Notebook you will need to create a free account.
Follow these steps:
- Navigate to PocketLab Notebook
- Click the Login button in the upper right corner of the screen
- A login screen will appear. Click Login if you have an account already. Click Sign Up if you need to create an account.
- On the Create a PocketLab Notebook Account page, fill out your Profile information and then click Sign Up.
- You will receive an email with a verification code. Check your email and use the code to verify your email.
- After your email is verified, you can now login.
Student accounts and classroom rosters are created by teachers using a PocketLab Notebook Pro account. For more information on Notebook Pro, see these articles:
For more information on Lab Reports in Notebook, see these articles:
- How do I create a Lab Report in Notebook?
- How do I use the floating toolbar in Notebook?